Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dri Dri, 29th March

Over the last year or so I have become a massive fan of Gelato – special mention to my friend Jan who has known it is the supreme ice cream all along – and have been trying to get to the many gelaterias on my List. Yesterday the weather was beautiful, so, even though I’d just had pizza and knew I’d be going to Princi later, I thought not having an ice cream would be out of the question. I was trying to complete a couple of the Big Egg Hunt zones, one of which happened to be Sloane Square and I was pretty certain that Dri Dri had an outlet in that area. A quick check on the smartphone confirmed it and I was able to go and sample their wares without detouring too much from my egg-hunting route.

Bearing in mind the aforementioned food, I opted for a small cup. It was only £2.90 which seemed reasonable. I misjudged though – the amount you get is literally the volume of the cup and no more, so I felt like I didn’t have very much. They have about 12 different flavours and I chose crema (custard) and caramello saltado (salted caramel). The latter was fantastic. I find you really can’t go wrong with salted caramel anything. The crema was a let down. The flavour was quite light and refreshing, perhaps a little too light. And then – cardinal sin – I found quite a large ice crystal I had to chomp through! And then – oh horror – another section which was all ice crystal, and not creamy smooth like gelato should be. I finished it all of course, but, like Pizza Pilgrims, it didn’t do enough to oust what I consider to be my favourite gelateria in London – Gelupo – from its position.


Dri Dri Gelato on Urbanspoon

Square Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your views, or maybe suggest somewhere I should put on my list!

View my food journey on Zomato!