Friday, December 26, 2014

2014 in Review

Everyone loves a bit of retrospection at the end of the year and I am no exception. It's very interesting to go through your blog stats and see what was popular and what was not. It's always a bit of a surprise. 

Lots of people do their Top 5 or whatever and I am going to do that too. But I also want to share some of the posts that I think deserved a bit more attention than they got. So, I've got a Top 10 least read - separating them out into Food and Other.


Here we go


Top 10 Least read Food posts

1) Morty & Bob - ubercheesy goodness.
2) Grill My Cheese - more cheesy goodness. With pork!
3) United Ramen - not-quite-hitting-the-spot noodles.
4) Ribstock - um, maybe the best day ever? So many ribs.
5) Bird - waffle burger. That is all.
6) Flat Iron - value for money tasty steak.
7) Roti King - drool. Freshly made rotis.
8) Salvation in Noodles - neighbourhood noodle joint.
9) St Moritz - more cheese! But too pricey.
10) Chez Elles - perfectly French bistro.

Top 10 Least read Non-Food posts

1) East London Liquor - East London's only distillery. Tres cool.
2) Rock Paper Scissors Championship - way more fun than you'd expect
3) Freemasons - ridiculous grandeur
4) Double Denim - not the 90s night billed
5) Luna Cinema - floating on water is the best way to see a film.
6) Design Museum - ingenious innovation
7) Regression Sessions - a blast, for the young at heart and actually young
8) Shunt - weird and wonderful
9) The Victoria - literally my new favourite neighbourhood pub
10) The Warwick - prime example of awful West End bars.

And here we go... my Top 5 Most Popular Posts of the Year!

Congratulations to those below:
5) Opera Tavern - small plates/tapas with style
4) Clutch - top notch fried chicken
3) Oslo - cool new bar for food and drinks, great space for gigs and clubnights upstairs
2) Tongue Fu - a spoken word night like no other
1) White Mink (by a long way) - electro swing bringing one of the best parties in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your views, or maybe suggest somewhere I should put on my list!

About Me

My photo

I work as an editor in educational publishing by day, and then spend most of my spare time discovering interesting things to do in London, and taking people there with my own Meetup.