Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Intro

This is my first blog post. Ever. We shall see how long it lasts. I used to keep a diary every day but that has sadly fallen by the wayside. But, I do a lot of interesting stuff, if I say so myself, and I feel I should document it. This is what I will do in this blog. A friend of mine is visiting in a week and a half and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to start showcasing my social life - it will be a two week bonanza of eating, drinking and night time activities.Sadly, I am not single so my night time activities will not be of the juicy, nefarious kind, but will hopefully be entertaining none the less. They will be for me at least.

The title of the blog - that comes from the fact that I have lists of everywhere I want to go and everything I want to do. These are not metaphorical lists. They are real. I keep them on my smartphone and cross things off when I've done them. I'm a geek that way but I defy anyone to say that crossing things off lists is not satisfying. Also, there are so many things in London to do, how else can you keep track of them? I've already crossed off several things, and I might do retrospective blogs on them, but mostly places I go will be new to me, and on my list. Come and see what I get up to, where I go and what I think of those establishments I have frequented.

When I first started making these lists, the entries came purely from Time Out's 1000 Things to do in London and 1000 Things to do in London for under £10. I had just moved back here from New York (which I loved) and in order to generate some excitement for moving back, I bought myself these two books. I had been given the New York version and thought it was excellent, I figured the London ones would be just the ticket to make me enthusiastic about coming home. They certainly were, and since then I have added friend's suggestions, places from Secret London on Twitter and discoveries I make as I wander the city.

So, if you're into Food, or nightlife stuff like Bars and Clubs, or if you simply like to discover what to see and do in London, then maybe my blog can give you some direction. The things highlighted in green are things I did on my List before I started the blog - if you want to know how it was, then just ask me by clicking here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your views, or maybe suggest somewhere I should put on my list!

View my food journey on Zomato!